We carry all kinds of soil builders and soil amendments here at Countryside Organics: Humates, OMRI approved fertilizers, Greensand, Rock and Clay mineral dusts, alfalfa meal, kelps, SEA-90, Planters II and more. One of the most simple additions: COIR.
100% organic biodegradable growing medium derived from the coconut husk. OMRI listed. Coir is rich in natural nutrients and has a pH range of 5.5 to 6.5. Each bale will expand approximately 5 times when wetted, yielding nearly 2.5 cubic feet. Make your own potting medium by adding 80 pounds of compost to one bale of coir along with some natural fertilizer, greensand, rock phosphate & Planters II. Coir is a renewable by-product, unlike peat moss, which is being depleted.
• Promotes strong root growth and plant vigor.
• Absorbs water readily and re-wets easily, thus reducing the need for wetting agents.
• Reduces watering frequency without plant stress, thereby reducing labour costs and minimizing plant loss.
• Increases shelf life of plants
• Slow breakdown of material means product will not shrink during your growing cycle.
• High water holding capacity while still maintaining excellent drainage and aeration.