Fundamentals: Why Use Organic Grains for Your Poultry?
Why we believe it is important to use Organic Grains:
- Organic Grains have not been treated with chemical herbicides, pesticides or fertilizers. The plant has not been exposed to toxic elements that could carry into the grain. Organic grains are grown in soils rich in microbial life.
- Organic Grains typically have greater nutritional value. Because there is more life in the soil, the plant is better able to uptake and process soil nutrients. You don’t have to overdose the dead soil with N, P and K (and then ignore secondary and trace minerals) when you are growing organically. Healthy soils make better, safer foods.
- Organic Grains are grown from seed that has not been genetically modified. GMO grains have yet to pass muster on scientific scrutiny. Instead, they get by on an officious governmental catch-22 called Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS). If you don’t have a problem with industrial agriculture playing God’s very own handmaidens with life, and then, egads, patenting life, here are a few hundred billion other good reasons: monocultures and superweeds. Welcome to Ragweed Nation.
- We believe organic farming practices are better for the environment. Compost-based, biological farming is ecologically and fundamentally more sound than non-sustainable, polluting, chemical farming. You don’t have to create unhealthy nutrient runoffs when you are growing organically. You build soil, you don’t wash it away. Organic = sustainable.
Why should you feed Countryside’s Organic Feeds?
- We use the finest quality supplements. Thorvin™ Kelp, Fertrell™ Poultry Nutri-Balancer with Probiotics, Course High Calcium Limestone for Calcium, Organic Alfalfa, Organic Flaxseed, Redmond™ Conditioner.
- Our feeds are formulated with nutritional needs and health in mind. We do not change our formulas doe to cost fluctuations of specific ingredients, so your birds receive the same feed throughout their feeding cycle.
- Our feed is fresh. We grind and mix small batches and keep smaller quantities on hand. That’s why you should call ahead for full ton orders.
- Health. We believe certified organic grains are healthier, safer and more nutritious for your animals and for the products you and your customers consume from them. Countryside choses to not use any soybeans as a protein source.
Comments are closed.